The purpose of sharing this experiment process is to help fellow students for preparation of their Physics lab manuals.
This experiment is performed in the Campus Phusics lab.
Experiment # 1
Finding the resistance Of Galvanometer by Half Deflection methodApparatus: Galvanometer, High Resistance Box (HRB), Low Resistance Box (LRB), Battery, one way keys, connecting wires and sand paper.
Galvanometer: Galvanometer is a type of measuring device that can be used to detect current in the circuit.
- First of all I make the complete circuit, as shown in the diagram, by connecting Galvanometer, HRB, LRB and Keys with the help of connecting wires.
- HRB is in series and LRB is parallel to Galvanometer.
- I connected the circuit to the DC power supply through key K1.
- 1st I took some resistance from HRB and close the key K1, I noted the some deflection in galvanometer. I adjusted the resistance RH of HRB in such a way that galvanometer showed full deflection i.e. 30 divisions.
- Then I closed the second key K2, deflection on scale becomes Zero. I adjusted RL resistance of LRB in such a way that galvanometer shows half deflection i.e. 15 divisions. I noted RL.
- Now I repeated the whole procedure and adjusted the resistance of HRB and LRB is such a way that deflection in galvanometer becomes 28 divisions and 14 divisions respectfully.
- I repeated this procedure several times for full deflections of 26,24 and 22 divisions in galvanometer and for half deflections of 13, 12 and 11 divisions.
I also used kirchoff's voltage law and Ohm,s Law.
I noted all the values in the above table.